Bryan Singer Breaks Silence On 'Vicious' Sexual Abuse Allegations
Last week, the director was accused of sexually assaulting an underage boy in a lawsuit filed in federal court in Hawaii.
Here's his full statement, via The Wrap:
"The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false. I do not want these fictitious claims to divert ANY attention from X-Men: Days of Future Past. This fantastic film is a labor of love and one of the greatest experiences of my career. So, out of respect to all of the extraordinary contributions from the incredibly talented actors and crew involved, I've decided not to participate in the upcoming media events for the film. However, I promise when this situation is over, the facts will show this to be the sick twisted shake down it is. I want to thank fans, friends and family for all their amazing and overwhelming support."
Since the allegations, Singer has dropped out of all press for his "X-Men" film out in May.
Singer's attorney has called the lawsuit "completely without merit" and has said credit card receipts, telephone records, and production schedules prove the director was not in Hawaii at the time the lawsuit claims any sexual abuse took place.
- The brains behind India’s burgeoning beauty industry
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm