Budget 2019: The Indian government is setting up a new initiative for the welfare of cows
Interim Budget 2019introduced the ‘ Rashtriya Kaam Denu Aayog’ to look after the welfare schemes for cows in India.
- The scheme will also work towards improving the production and productivity of cows.
The new initiative will work towards upscaling sustainable genetic upgradation of cow resources and find ways to enhance the production and productivity of cows. It will also look after the effective implementation of laws and the welfare schemes for cows that are already in place.
Piyush Goyal, an Indian politician and the current minister of Railways, said, “ Gau maata ka samman mein aur gau maata ke liye yeh sarkar kabhi peeche nahi hatte gi.” (Respecting the cow and for the cow, this government will never hold back.)
It’s a direct attempt to tout to its base of hindu fundamentalist voters. Any farmers involved in animal husbandry will be given 2% subsidy through the Kisan Credit Card Scheme, and another 3% subsidy will be doled out for timely payments of loans.
The increasing importance of cows
The focus on cows in politics has been increasing since 2015. In fact, there are many policies designed specifically for the welfare and protection of cows in India. Just earlier this month, the Delhi government announced that it will be opening a paying guest (PG) hostels for cows.
Even the opposition, the National Congress Party, promised to increase the number of cow sanctuaries and funds for the bovine animal ahead of the 5-state assembly elections in December.
Popular on BI
- Finance minister holds pre-budget stakeholder consultation with BJP functionaries
- Amazon Sale: Best deals on kitchen items and dining products
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Best deals on kitchen appliances
- India records 2,71,202 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, active cases highest in 225 days
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on laptops
- Section 144 in Mumbai
- Elon Musk
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022