Budget 2020 aims to eradicate tuberculosis by 2025 using AI and ML to empower Aayushman Bharat
- India’s Union
Budget 2020proposes using machine learning(ML) and artificial intelligence(AI) for the Aayushman Bharat Scheme.
- Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman claims that such solutions will help eradicate tuberculosis in India by 2025.
- India currently accounts for a quarter of tuberculosis cases worldwide.
“Using machine learning and artificial intelligence in the Aayushman Bharat Scheme, health authorities and the medical fraternity can target diseases with an appropriately designed preventive regime. TB haare ga, desh jeete ga. This campaign has been launched. I propose to strengthen this campaign to realise our commitment to end Tuberculosis by 2025,” Sitharaman said during her budget speech.
India currently accounts for a quarter of tuberculosis cases worldwide, according to the National Health Portal.
AdvertisementThe estimated incidence of tuberculosis in India is around 27 lakh, according to the Central TB Division. Most of the cases affect individuals between the ages of 15-69 years with two-thirds of them being male.HIV co-infection among TB victims is around 3.4% — accounts for nearly 50,000 cases.
The report points out that eradicating TB are beyond the scope of the health sector along. It proposes a multi-sectoral approach to address the crisis. The Department of Post and the Department of Financial Services is already supporting the expansion of TB services, but it’s not nearly enough.
The Central TB Division stressed the need for local accountability and ownership, which means more involvement by the civil society, community and Panchayati Raj institutions.
Using ML and AI boost battling tuberculosis in India will help streamline the process. Sitharaman hopes that it will have a positive impact and help India achieve its target to be tuberculosis free by 2025.
You'll save ₹78,000 more under new income tax slabs if you earn less than ₹15 lakh
Budget 2020 allocates ₹6,000 crore for BharatNet to connect 1 lakh Gram Panchayats
Nirmala Sitharaman wants NABARD to geo-tag cold storage facilities to make them more efficient
- Adani Power registers profits after a disappointing loss-making quarter last year
- Star India Network garnered a cumulative reach of 352 million in the first 26 matches
- Rabindranath Tagore Jayanti 2021: Remembering some of his greatest words
- Non-residents will have to pay tax in India if transactions exceed ₹2 crore
- Insurance giant LIC announces 5-day work week from May 10 for its employees