Burt Reynolds turned down these iconic roles including James Bond - and now says he regrets it
With a career that spans close to 60 years and includes everything from memorable television shows to some of the highest-grossing movies of the '70s and '80s, the actor has too many classics to name.
But now at 80 years old and living comfortably in Jupiter, Florida, Reynolds has had time to reflect on his career and think back on what could have been.
He also talks about some of his regrets, namely in the documentary "The Bandit," which premiered recently at South by Southwest (SXSW) and looks back on the making of one of Reynolds' classics, "Smokey and the Bandit" (it will air on CMT later this year). One sore spot is his infamous 1972 nude spread in Cosmopolitan, which he believes cost him an Oscar nomination that year for his performance in "Deliverance."
Reynolds talked to Business Insider over the phone this week and reflected on some of the roles he was offered and what he now wishes he hadn't rejected.
He did not disappoint. He even told us one offer he's still happy he did turn down!
- IAF scrambles fighter jets after bomb scare on Iranian civilian plane in Indian airspace
- Delhi reports over 400 cases of dengue in a week, taking the tally to 937
- PhonePe moves domicile from Singapore to India
- Noida-based LED IKIO Lighting files DRHP with SEBI to raise ₹350 crore
- Electronics Mart India IPO set to open on Oct 4; commands grey market premium of ₹30/share
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World