Business Insider is hiring a retail reporter
The retail reporter will have a familiarity with major consumer companies as well as the platforms these companies use to appeal to potential customers. This position requires comfort writing both medium-length features and quick news hits on the most viral advertising and social-media stories of the day. Topics could range from the latest Super Bowl ads to fast-food brands' ramping up of their Twitter presence as well as backlash to Apple's "What's a computer?" commercial.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- An obsession with things people want to buy and how those things are advertised to consumers.
- An understanding of how readers consume news digitally.
- An ability to identify the heart of a story quickly.
- Experience working in a newsroom.
- Familiarity with SEO practices.
The position is full-time in our New York City headquarters. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.