Apple reportedly in talks with car maker Toyota for its car production
According to DigiTimes, Apple representatives were said to have met with South Korea's
Apple has been working on a car project since 2014 under the code name,
AdvertisementEarlier, reports mentioned that Apple was also discussing similar plans with other automobile manufacturers including Hyundai.
The first Apple electric car earlier reported to be built on Hyundai's electric vehicle platform.
In a note to investors, TF Securities Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said Apple's deep collaboration with current automakers (Hyundai Group, General Motors and PSA) who have extensive development, production and qualification experience "will significantly shorten the Apple Car development time and create a time-to-market advantage".
Kuo believes that the earliest possible date for an Apple car to hit the market is 2025.
The Apple car is rumoured to feature LiDAR technology which could add a lot of depth to onboard Artificial Intelligence (AI) functions.
The vehicle is expected to use a "C1" chip based on the A12 Bionic processor with in-cabin AI capabilities such as eye-tracking.
AdvertisementThe long-rumoured Apple Car is also expected to use LED screens all over the vehicle to inform other drivers what the self-driving system is doing.
In a patent granted by the US Patent and Trademark Office titled "Exterior Lighting and Warning System". Apple's system would involve the creation of displays that are placed around the vehicle and this long display is expected to show a variety of information to other road users.
INTERVIEW: This Indian challenger to Apple and Samsung explains why it chose Vietnam to make a bulk of its products
OnePlus Buds Pro Review — Love bass? Your search ends here
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months
- Jio, Ola, Accenture, IBM and more are looking for data scientists across India
- Digital rights advocacy group IFF notices 70% drop in donors as banks unable to keep up with RBI’s recurring payments regulation
- Mariah Carey backs Bitcoin in a new partnership with the Winklevoss twins’ Gemini crypto exchange