All-new Apple CarPlay features to AI for automobiles — here are some car technologies expected to arrive in 2023
- AI-enabled safety features in cars to take charge in 2023.
- The market for AI in the automotive industry was worth USD 2.54 billion in 2021, and it is anticipated to expand in the coming years.
- Below, check out car technologies expected to arrive in 2023.
AdvertisementIn 2022, digitization, and the use of AI several business models have revolutionized every sector, and automotive was no exception. Also, digitization and AI have given rise to technology-driven trends in the automobile sector such as autonomous driving, AI-enabled safety features, and smart connectivity.
Following these trends, Apple previewed the next generation of
Business Insider India forecasts upcoming car technologies trends in 2023, including expected key features from the new version of
Car technology trends in 2023
AI in the automotive industry
Without a doubt, artificial intelligence will become an important part of the automotive industry in 2023. The market for AI in the automotive industry was worth USD 2.54 billion in 2021, and it is anticipated to expand in the coming years.
Advanced automotive solutions, AI in traffic management, and government initiatives are the main drivers for AI in the automotive industry.
With the rise in self-driving cars and Advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), the role of vehicle-to-vehicle communications is going to increase. It will enable vehicles to receive and send messages across other vehicles creating a 360- degree awareness while driving.
5G technologies and IoT will facilitate better integration among connected vehicles. For example, connected vehicles will be able to communicate with one another to reduce collisions. Along with this, cars can easily spot parking areas in smart cities.
AI-enabled safety features
In the coming years, AI will be used for pedestrian detection and lane detection, potentially making highways and roads safer. Other than this, AI-enabled safety features will alert drivers of potential road accidents and advise them to choose an alternative route.
Upcoming Apple CarPlay features in 2023
The new version of Apple CarPlay will appear across all the displays in a vehicle, providing an enhanced experience. Other than this, Apple says CarPlay will be tailored according to vehicle models to accommodate unique layouts and screen shapes.
Instrument Cluster Integration
AdvertisementThe new CarPlay will provide integration with vehicle instrument clusters including, a tachometer, speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge, and more. Apple also says drivers will be able to choose brand-specific designs and layouts.
According to Apple, widgets will be a vital part of the new CarPlay, offering information at a glance. It will also be possible to scroll through widgets within the instrument cluster.
Easy access to climate controls
With the new CarPlay, you can access vehicles' climate directly through your iPhone, allowing you to adjust the temperature, fan speed, and more.
iPhone 15 to Reality Pro VR headset — check out the list of upcoming Apple products in 2023
CES 2023: Dates, news, products, and what to expect
Popular on BI
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- ICC Rankings: Ravi Bishnoi becomes world's No.1 T20I bowler
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- Air India rejigs 250-aircraft Airbus order
- Retail trumps corporate lending as small-ticket loans see fourfold jump in past two years
- Exploring the nutritional marvel of Gond laddu: A winter delight