From Tata Nexon EV and MG ZS EV to Hyundai Kona Electric — here’s how much top electric cars cost in India
- The electric vehicle landscape in India is changing and gaining momentum.
- Fierce competition exists with top carmakers like Tata, Hyundai and Mahindra, having already launched their electric cars in India. Jaguar and Renault are gearing up to launch their new models.
- Here’s how much the top electric cars are priced across Indian cities.
There’s already a fierce competition with the top carmakers like Tata, Hyundai and Mahindra having already launched their electric cars — and other industry players are now scratching the segment. While global EV market leader Tesla has hinted at entering the Indian market, Jaguar and Renault are gearing up to launch their first all-electric cars.
Here’s how the top electric cars are priced across Indian cities:
Tata Nexon EV
The battery-powered version of the Nexon launched earlier this year in India has garnered a massive response from buyers. The car comes with a 30.2 kWh battery, capable of producing 127 PS of maximum power and 245 Nm of peak torque.
The Nexon EV was introduced in three trims - XM, XZ+, and XZ+ Lux. Dual-pod headlamps, LED tail lights, a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system and 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels are some of the key highlights of the car.
Tata Nexon EV: Cost across Indian cities
|City||Tata Nexon (on-road price)|
MG ZS EV
MG Motor India’s MG ZS EV is another leading choice in the range of electric SUVs. The car is equipped with a 44.5 kWh battery pack, capable of putting out 141 bhp and 353 Nm of peak torque. The battery can also offer a maximum range of about 340 km on a single charge.
MG ZS EV: Cost across Indian cities
|City||MG ZS EV (on-road price)|
Tata Tigor EV
The five-seater subcompact sedan Tata Tigor comes in XM and XT trim levels and with three exterior colour options – white, silver and blue. The EV comes with a 16.2kWh battery that is capable of generating 41 horsepower and 105Nm of torque.
Tata Tigor EV: Cost across Indian cities
|City||Tata Tigor EV (on-road price)|
Hyundai Kona Electric
AdvertisementHyundai launched the Kona Electric in January earlier this year. While the car is offered in two battery variants internationally, India only has the smaller 39.2kWh battery pack, which ranges just over 450km on a full charge.
Hyundai Kona Electric: Cost across Indian cities
|City||Hyundai Kona Electric (on-road price)|
Mahindra’s all-electric car e-Verito is powered by the latest electric drive train from Mahindra Reva and is a 100% zero-emission, green vehicle. The car comes with a 72V 3-phase AC induction motor producing maximum gross power of 41 hp.
The car can travel for up to 100 km based on vehicle loading and achieve a top speed of 86 km/hour.
AdvertisementMahindra e-Verito: Cost across Indian cities
|City||Mahindra e-Verito (on-road price)|
SEE ALSO: Nykaa raises another round of investment from Boston’s Fidelity through a secondary transaction
Apple is reportedly moving iPad production out of China for the first time ever because of Trump's trade war
Popular on BI
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Loaded Lion NFT sells for $1 million — three days after launching at $200
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Paytm Q2 result — Operational revenue crosses ₹1000 crore, loss widens by ₹37 crore
- These Indian states have the highest number of international airports; UP tops the list
- Centre raises Bengal labour budget for creation of 27 cr man-days