Mahindra Thar 2020 compared to the older version of the iconic offroader
- Mahindra’s latest car offering is slated to go on sale from October 2.
- The carmaker has unveiled every detail about the SUV except the price.
- Here’s a quick comparison between the old Thar and the
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
Here’s a quick comparison between the old Thar and the new Thar
AdvertisementDesign of new Mahindra Thar vs old Thar
The new model retains first-gen iconic front-end with a new distinctive front grille flanked by classic round headlamps. The all-new Mahindra Thar SUV also comes with a new front bumper, 18-inch alloy wheels, new tail lights with LED signature, split tailgate, and option to choose between a hardtop, manual convertible top, and a fixed soft top.
The new SUV also has the option of front-facing seats on the top model. All of this wasn’t available in the older version.
Features in new Mahindra Thar vs old Thar
The new Thar is more technologically advanced than the first-gen Thar. The older version of Thar had all basic features such as AC, music system, an analogue speedometer and a tachometer with a small display. However, the new Thar offers all upgraded features such as roof-mounted speakers, bigger touchscreen infotainment system, cruise control, tyretronics, automatic AC and height-adjustable driver seats, etc.
Safety aspects in new Mahindra Thar vs old Thar
The older version of Mahindra Thar was discontinued in 2019 as the car was not compliant with the mandatory safety norms. But the new Thar 2020 comes with improved safety provisions such as dual front airbags, Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic brakeforce distribution, Electronic Stability Program with roll-over mitigation, etc.
AdvertisementThe specifications in new Mahindra Thar vs old Thar
Ditching its older 2.5-litre CRDe four-cylinder, turbocharged diesel motor, the new Thar now offers two engine options for the first time — a mStallion150 petrol engine and mHawk130 diesel engine, along with 6-speed automatic and manual transmission options.
SEE ALSO: Inside pics of the new Mahindra Thar 2020 — The next-gen SUV
Mahindra Thar 2020 is set to make a market debut today— here’s what to watch out for
- Women in Leadership: Past, Present & Future
- Top stocks to watch out for on March 8
- Karnataka budget 2021-22 to be presented on March 8
- Delhi Budget likely to have special allocation for free COVID vaccination at govt hospitals: Sources
- Future iPhones may arrive with Smart Magnetic Connectors, says report