Comparison: Force Gurkha 2020 vs Mahindra Thar 2020 — features, specification, and price
- The new-gen Force Gurkha 2020 will pose a tough competition to the all-new Mahindra Thar.
- Here’s a quick comparison between the new Gurkha and the 2020 Mahindra Thar.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
Recently, a Force Motors dealership published a teaser of the production-spec Gurkha BS 6 2020 on its Facebook page with the caption, “coming soon” - an indication that the new off-roader will be hitting Indian markets soon.
Here’s a quick comparison between the new Gurkha and the 2020 Mahindra Thar:
AdvertisementThe new BS6 Force Gurkha will be available in a 2.6-litre diesel engine that is capable of generating 89 horsepower and 260 Nm of peak torque. This engine will also be coupled with a five-speed manual gearbox. Whereas the Mahindra in the new generation Thar offers a choice between 2.2-litre diesel and 2.0-litre mStallion turbo petrol engine. Thar’s diesel engine 130 horsepower and 320 Nm, while the petrol engine offers 150 horsepower with 320 Nm.
In Thar, both the power plants are available with a choice between a six-speed automatic and six-speed manual transmission. Experts say that the option of petrol and diesel engines in Thar with a choice between manual and automatic transmissions will help it cater to a wider customer base.
New Force Gurkha vs Mahindra Thar 2020: The features
The new BS6
Whereas, Mahindra’s new Thar is more technologically advanced. It is equipped with the latest technology, and user-friendly features such as smartphone and smartwatch connectivity, roof-mounted speakers, touchscreen infotainment system, tyretronics, steering mounted controls, cruise control, semi-digital instrument panel with a MID (multi-information display), etc.
New Force Gurkha vs Mahindra Thar 2020: Pricing
AdvertisementThe booking for Mahindra’s Thar 2020 will open on October 2; price details will be announced then. However, the car is likely to be priced somewhere around ₹10- ₹12 lakh.
Whereas, the new Force Gurkha is expected to be launched somewhere around Diwali and will be priced nearly ₹10 lakh.
New Force Gurkha vs Mahindra Thar 2020: Safety features
AdvertisementThe Force Gurkha is likely to get all basic safety equipment like dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, and speed alert system. Meanwhile, the new Mahindra has safety provisions like dual front airbags, Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic brakeforce distribution, Electronic Stability Program, hill-hold control, hill-descent control, tyre pressure monitoring system, etc.
SEE ALSO: Toyota Urban Cruiser booking starts today— Here’s all you need to know about the price, features and other details
Mahindra Thar 2020 compared to the older version of the iconic offroader
Popular on BI
- India’s most valued bootstrapped companies in 2021 — World’s biggest COVID-19 vaccine maker rules the roost
- Amazon outage causes seven hour disruption at crypto exchanges, raises questions on 'decentralisation'
- Global cellular IoT module shipments reportedly grow 70% in third quarter
- Samsung Galaxy S22 to reportedly cost the same as Galaxy S21
- Farmers finally end their one-year long protest, will vacate the Delhi borders on Saturday