Ola e-scooters go on sale: Here’s how you can purchase it
- Ola scooters were launched last month on August 15.
- They are available in two variants- S1 and S1 Pro.
- S1 is priced at ₹99,999 while S1 Pro retails at ₹1,29,999.
Price and Specifications
Ola launched the scooters in two models — S1 and S1 Pro. While the S1 model will cost you ₹99,999, the S1 Pro model will carry a retail price of ₹1,29,999. These are ex-showroom prices that include Centre’s FAME II subsidies but exclude any subsidies from the state government. So the vehicles may cost you less if you are living in a state that provides subsidies on electric vehicles.
Both the scooters are claimed to feature a 7-inch touchscreen, anti-theft alert, multiple connectivity options, built-in speakers and more. The S1 Pro is said to feature cruise control and voice assistant features.
The S1 will be available in five colour variants, while you can select from the 10 colour variants for the S1 Pro. These scooters will come packed with a 750W charger and the company has promised to develop charging points in about 400 cities across the country.
The Ola scooters will not be available for sale at an outlet or retail store. All the bookings and transactions are completely online. If you are looking to get your hands on the newly launched Ola scooter, follow the steps below to purchase the model you like.
Here’s how to buy Ola scooter S1 and S1 Pro.
- Go to the Ola website click on the ‘Reserve for ₹499’ option.
- Next, you will be redirected to a custom selection page, where you can select between S1 and S1 Pro.
- You can also select the colour variant for the model you want to purchase.
- Once done, click on ‘Reserve for ₹499’ button.
- You will now be redirected to a mobile number registration page. Enter your mobile number.
- You will receive an OTP. Enter the OTP and you will be redirected to the custom selection page.
- Select the model and colour again and click on the ‘Reserve for ₹499’ to complete the payment.
- You can pay ₹499 by using a debit or credit card, net banking or UPI methods.
- Once this is completed you would have completed the pre-booking process.
Ola will begin the home delivery of scooters in October. It is on a first come, first reserve basis and the sooner you book, the earlier you will be able to receive the scooter.
Ola has tied up with several banks to provide loans and EMI options to its buyers. With Ola Financial Services, you will be able to EMIs starting from ₹2,999 per month for S1 and ₹3,199 per month for S1 Pro.
If you do not require any financing, you can pay an advance amount of ₹20,000 or ₹25,000, depending on the model. You can pay the remaining amount after receiving the invoice for the scooter.
Advertisement10 million people tried Ola for the first time last fiscal year, says CEO Bhavish Aggarwal
Uber has Ola, Zomato has Swiggy but who’s Urban Company competing with?
Popular on BI
- DC vs RR: Who will win today’s IPL match?
- We asked three spacetech entrepreneurs what it takes to enter the field and they listed out the opportunities
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again