Good ol’ ambassador has been redesigned into a swanky electric car
- Dilip Chhabria’s company DC2, which was earlier called DC Design, has digitally redesigned the famous Indian
- DC2 has reportedly said that if it gets enough positive response on the car, it will produce.
- Manufactured by
Hindustan Motors, the car was in production for 29 years and finally bid goodbye to the streets in 2014.
The pictures of the car have now gone viral.
However, the car is not being actually manufactured, well as of now. Reports say that DC2 has confirmed that if it gets enough positive response, it will be taken to production.
The Hindustan Ambassador is a classic Indian car and was one of the first cars to be actually made in India. Manufactured by Hindustan Motors, the car was in production for 29 years and finally bid goodbye to the streets in 2014.
HM decided to stop manufacturing the car because of low demand and increasing financial issues. It had then said it stopped production due to “worsening conditions at its Uttarpara plant which include very low productivity, growing indiscipline, critical shortage of funds, lack of demand for its core product the Ambassador and large accumulation of liabilities."
Ambassadors were also the top choice for Indian diplomats and was even considered as a ‘status symbol’ in the seventies and eighties. However, as sleeker foreign modelled cars started entering the markets, its popularity waned.
Tata Motors passenger vehicles and electric vehicles will now come under a new subsidiary – says business ready to realise its true potential
- Comet Neowise will burn bright over India for the next 20 days after two earlier comets fizzled out
- India's COVID-19 tally crosses 9 lakh with 28,498 fresh cases; death toll climbs to 23,727
- Google, Facebook join lawsuit against student visa restrictions
- Massive fire broke out at a pharmaceutical unit in Vishakapatnam’s Jawaharlal Nehru Pharma City — one injured
- Rossari Biotech IPO— 40 scientists, China, and other factors that make the share sale hot