Maruti's July sales data sparks hope for other carmakers
- India's largest carmaker saw a 1.1% fall in monthly car sales in July compared to an estimated 13% fall, according to the broking firm Nirmal Bang.
July exportsfell 27% to 6,757 units compared to the same period last year.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
Accordingly, the company's total off-take declined to 108,064 units from 109,264 units sold during July 2019.
The total sales include 100,000 units off-take in the
As per a company statement, exports during the period under review fell to 6,757 units from 9,258 units being shipped out in July 2019.
"Maruti Suzuki India Limited posted total sales of 108,064 units in July 2020. This is a growth of 88.2 per cent over June 2020 and a fall of 1.1 per cent over July 2019,"
"This includes domestic sales of 100,000 units and 1,307 units for other OEMs in the domestic market. In addition, the company exported 6,757 units in July 2020."
Maruti records its first quarterly loss in at least a decade - lockdown pain drags revenues lower by 79%
There may be little solace for Maruti, M&M, Hero Moto, Bajaj Auto and others in the July auto sales data
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Apple M1 Pro and M1 Max vs M1: Here’s what Apple improved with its new custom chips
- Best gaming mouse for battle royale games in India
- Best tablets for professional use in India
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months