Maruti's July sales data sparks hope for other carmakers
- India's largest carmaker saw a 1.1% fall in monthly car sales in July compared to an estimated 13% fall, according to the broking firm Nirmal Bang.
July exportsfell 27% to 6,757 units compared to the same period last year.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
Accordingly, the company's total off-take declined to 108,064 units from 109,264 units sold during July 2019.
The total sales include 100,000 units off-take in the
As per a company statement, exports during the period under review fell to 6,757 units from 9,258 units being shipped out in July 2019.
"Maruti Suzuki India Limited posted total sales of 108,064 units in July 2020. This is a growth of 88.2 per cent over June 2020 and a fall of 1.1 per cent over July 2019,"
"This includes domestic sales of 100,000 units and 1,307 units for other OEMs in the domestic market. In addition, the company exported 6,757 units in July 2020."
Maruti records its first quarterly loss in at least a decade - lockdown pain drags revenues lower by 79%
There may be little solace for Maruti, M&M, Hero Moto, Bajaj Auto and others in the July auto sales data
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Live your life American Express’ Platinum way: Exceptional privileges, rewards and experiences
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- RBI pauses onboarding of online merchants by Paytm Payments Services; firm says no material impact on biz
- Over 50% of microbusinesses had no mechanisms to cushion Covid impact, Road to Recovery report says