MG Motor joins hands with Jio to improve connected car experience on its upcoming vehicle
MG Motorannounced a tie-up with Reliance Jioin the IoT space.
- Jio’s IoT solutions will benefit MG’s upcoming mid-size vehicle — ZS SUV.
- The SUV is expected to have real-time connectivity, telematics and infotainment in the car.
The carmaker is planning to launch the non-electric version of the ZS SUV, which could benefit from this partnership with Reliance Jio. Jio’s IoT solution is expected to bring in improved in-car connectivity and mobility to the buyers of the upcoming SUV. The widespread network of
Rajeev Chaba, President and Managing Director of MG Motors India, sharing his view said that the partnership with Reliance Jio is a step towards establishing the company as a tech leader in the automobile space.
AdvertisementAs per Rajeev Chaba, technology and innovation are leading the connected car space in the industry. Adding further, he said that this partnership will simplify the driving experience and ensure safety backed by technology for the customers of MG Motor’s next mid-sized connected SUV.
As per Kiran Thomas, Director and President of Jio, the company’s IoT solution will let MG customers experience real-time connectivity, telematics to learn the location of vehicle and in-car infotainment where one can catch the latest news and watch entertainment videos.
“Jio has been building an ecosystem of cutting-edge technology products and solutions for Indian users. Our partnership with MG Motor India is another important step in that journey. Jio’s eSIM, IoT and Streaming solutions will enable MG users to access real-time connectivity, infotainment, and telematics. It is a commitment to technological evolution in the automobile industry with innovation as its key pillar,” said Kiran Thomas in the statement.
MG Motor entered the Indian market in 2019 and since then it has offered some impressive technology innovations on its vehicles like the Hector, Hector Plus, ZS EV and Gloster. The midsize SUV is expected to be launched in the last quarter of this year with Reliance Jio’s IoT solution onboard.
MG Motor India to launch 7-seater 'Hector Plus' version in January 2021
Reliance Jio adds 42 million subscribers but the average revenue is pretty much the same
Popular on BI
- OnePlus blames voltage fluctuation after a user reports Nord 2 charger explosion
- Dropbox's billionaire founder Drew Houston says the 40-hour office week is a thing of the past and the pandemic has changed work forever
- Facebook pumping $50 million into its metaverse project is another sign that Zuckerberg doesn’t want to miss the crypto bus
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million
- Where Indians work — seven charts that show you the employment map of the world’s sixth largest economy
- Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns