Musk is rolling out Tesla's new 'Full Self Driving' beta for a limited number of drivers
The customers in Tesla's Early Access Programme will receive software updates, which will give drivers access to Autopilot's 'partially' automated driver assistance system on city streets.
The Early Access program serves as a testing platform to help fix software bugs.
More Tesla owners would get the update as the time passes, with the goal of a "wide release" by the end of the year.
"Regarding the Full Self-Driving beta release, the Autopilot team, again, is just a really all-star team. I spent a lot of time with the Autopilot team. And there's a lot of really talented people in that team who have worked incredibly hard to make the -- to get the beta release out," Musk said during the company's Q3 earnings call on Wednesday.
Musk has been talking about 'Full Self Driving' a lot in the past couple of years, calling it an investment in the future that will become far more valuable once fully autonomous cars get regulatory approval.
Earlier, he explained that with feature-complete FSD, the car will be able to drive without human intervention but it would still be supervised.
EXCLUSIVE: HCL Tech is bringing employees back to offices — once a week to begin with
EXCLUSIVE: Billionaire Kumar Mangalam Birla is surprised by the rebound in infrastructure and construction in India
Bonus for 30 lakh public sector employees announced by Union Cabinet
Popular on BI
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns