Ola electric scooters are being shipped out with unfinished software despite delay in deliveries
- The Ola electric scooters delivered to customers are currently missing some important features.
- Features like cruise control, hill hold and navigation have not been provided.
- The company has claimed that the features will be added with an update in June.
AdvertisementAfter several delays, Ola has finally started deliveries of its S1 and S1 Pro electric scooters to customers who had pre-booked the electric scooters and paid the balance booking amount.
However, Ola has run into fresh troubles even after delayed deliveries. The delivered scooters are reportedly missing some features such as cruise control, hill hold, navigation assist and hyper mode.
Ola has now clarified that the company will push out a software update that will add these features to the electric scooters. The software update will reportedly take three to six months to reach all the customers.
“So features like cruise control, hill hold, navigation etc. are coming up in the next few months by June. That is what we are going to deliver and it is not just about those features,” said Varun Dubey, chief marketing officer, Ola Electric.
This means that users will have to use their scooters without these features for the next six months. Ola has said that the company will also add other features along with the missing features in the coming updates.
“As consumers continue to use the scooter and live with the scooter, we will learn and we will keep adding more and more features which consumers will continue to get," Dubey added.
He went on to add that the scooters are not just a hardware platform but a software platform as well for the company. “In September when we had opened up the windows and done the media test rides, we had explained it clearly that the software is going to come in stages and we are going to release these as important software updates over several months in 2022.”
Another issue that customers had reported is the discrepancy in the range of the
Ola Futurefactory producing almost 1,000 units of S1, S1 Pro e-scooters a day: CEO
Top electric scooters and electric bikes in India
Top electric cars to watch out for in 2022
Popular on BI
- I'm a 56-year-old IT worker who got laid off last year and have been unemployed ever since. I have a hunch I'm not finding work due to ageism. How do I prove it?
- Germany relaxes Schengen visa rules for Indians
- Kanye West says he's selling Balenciaga, Adidas, and Gap hoodies for $20 after the companies all cut ties with him
- WhatsApp rolls out contact cards sharing on Windows beta
- FIFA WC: Lionel Messi doing well, says Argentina manager Scaloni amid injury concerns
- ADB, Wabag sign USD 25 mn debt facility for sanitation, water security in India
- RBI pauses onboarding of online merchants by Paytm Payments Services; firm says no material impact on biz
- Over 50% of microbusinesses had no mechanisms to cushion Covid impact, Road to Recovery report says