Petrol prices hiked for fifth consecutive day, diesel remains unchanged
In the country's
At the current rate, petrol prices could soon be touching unprecedented levels of Rs 100 a litre.
The price of the transportation fuel in Chennai was at Rs 84.64 per litre, higher by 12 paise from Rs 84.52 per litre on Sunday.
In the national capital, diesel prices have remained stable since the Delhi government announced a 13.25 per cent reduction in the Value Added Tax on July 30, which had caused the price to fall by Rs 8.36 per litre.
Diesel is priced at Rs 73.56 a litre in the national capital. Price of the fuel in Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata was at Rs 80.11, Rs 78.86 and Rs 77.06 per litre respectively.
- Apple iPhone 13’s A15 Bionic won’t be based on 3nm process, confirms TSMC
- The utter chaos and confusion over Remdesivir in India is making the COVID-19 second wave worse
- Atlassian, the maker of Jira and Trello, is looking to hire 300 engineers in India this year
- Night curfew hours extended in UP's Lucknow, Prayagraj, Varanasi, Kanpur City, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Ghaziabad, Meerut, Gorakhpur, Shravasti and Moradabad districts
- Around 1,700 people test positive for COVID-19 in Hardiwar Kumbh Mela from April 10-14