Skoda Enyaq iV electric crossover is set to make its global debut today— here’s what to watch out for
- Skoda is all set to premiere its Skoda Enyaq iV electric crossover today in Prague.
- The car’s battery with DC fast-charging stations can be recharged from 10% to 80% in just 40 minutes.
- The electric SUV is slated to go on sale in 2021.
- Pricing is yet to be revealed, but the buzz is that the entry-level model of the car may be priced around ₹28.29 lakh.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
Skoda said that its Enyaq iV would be “another leap into the era of electric mobility.” The car will be Skoda’s first battery-electric SUV based on the Vision iV concept, which it revealed last year.
The car derived its name from an Irish name ‘enya’, meaning ‘source of life’. The ‘E’ at the beginning of the name Enyaq stands for electromobility. And similarly, the ‘Q’ at the end of the name justifies its connection to the SUV segment, the company said.
Here’s what to watch out for in Skoda Enyaq iV electric crossover
- The revealed sketches from Skoda shows that the car derives inspiration from the tradition of Bohemian crystal art. “The precise lines, geometric arrangements, and the exceptionally clear glass surfaces are fascinating and, depending on the incidence of light and viewing angle, offer ever-changing facets,” the company said.
- Pricing is yet to be revealed. The car is slated to go on sale in 2021. The entry-level model of the car is likely to be priced at around ₹28.29 lakh.
- The car will be spacious and fully loaded with smart features. With a boot space of 585 litres, and “exceptionally generous legroom for the seats either side.”
- It is confirmed that the feature list will include the newly designed head-up display and a 13-inch central screen, including augmented reality.
- The unique thing about the car is that it uses natural and recycled materials inside the cabin, similar to the Skoda Vision IN concept. “The seat covers are made of 40% new wool and bear the Woolmark Company’s seal. The remaining 60% of the blend is polyester from recycled PET bottles,” the company revealed.
- The entry-level model of Skoda Enyaq, the Enyaq iV 50’s rear-mounted electric motor offers an output of 109 kW, with a maximum range of up to 340 km. And, the range goes up to 390 km in the 132-kW Enyaq iV 60 models. “The top-of-the-range model accelerates from 0 to 100 km/per hour in just 6.2 seconds and has a top speed of 180 km/h. The maximum range of both all-wheel-drive variants is up to 460 km.”
- The car can be conveniently charged at home using a wall box. But that will take nearly six to eight hours depending on the size of the battery. However, with the DC fast-charging stations, the battery can recharge from 10% to 80% in just 40 minutes.
August auto sales a mixed bag —Maruti records 17% jump, Escorts, M&M post strong tractor sales, while CV players continue to feel the pain
Popular on BI
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- Airtel, Vodafone Idea and Reliance Jio have till October 29 to opt for the AGR dues moratorium
- Nokia launches 'rugged' XR20 smartphone in India, starting at ₹46,999
- Vivo Y3s budget smartphone with HD+ display, 5,000mAh battery launched in India
- Delhi records its first death due to dengue this year
- Your phone may replace your metro card soon — DMRC is planning to introduce NFC payments at entry gates