Top electric cars to watch out for in 2022
- Several electric cars are set to be launched in India in 2022.
- The major upcoming cars include the new Nexon EV, Kia EV6, Porsche Taycan, Audi Q4 e-tron and more.
- Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming electric cars.
AdvertisementElectric cars have improved a lot over the years and are no longer just a gimmick. The current electric cars offer a decent range and offer fast charging options.
Some of the things that you need to keep in mind while purchasing an electric car include the battery capacity, range and charging time. Top speed is another important factor to consider while purchasing a car.
There are several electric cars set to launch this year, including the Kia EV6, a new Tata Nexon EV, Mercedes-Benz EQS, Audi Q4 e-tron and more.
Today, we look at some of the electric cars to watch out for in 2022.
|Model||Expected price||Battery Capacity||Range||Charging time||Top speed|
|Mahindra eKUV100||₹8-9 lakh||30kWh||140 km||80% - 1 hour||NA|
|Tata Nexon EV||₹15-18 lakh||40kWh||350-400 km||80% - 1 hour||120 kmph|
|Hyundai Kona Electric||₹22-24 lakh||39.2kWh||430-480 km||NA||140 kmph|
|Kia EV6||₹40-44 lakh||58kWh||400-420 km||80% - 18 minutes||150 kmph|
|Mercedes-Benz EQS||₹1.5-1.75 crore||107.8kWh||770 km||80% - 35 minutes||210 kmph|
|Porsche Taycan||₹1.5-1.75 crore||71kWh||395-450 km||80% - 40 minutes||230 kmph|
|Audi Q4 e-tron||₹1-1.25 crore||95kWh||360-480 km||80% - 35 minutes||180 kmph|
|BMW iX||₹1-1.25 crore||76.6kWh||420-460 km||80% - 1.5 hour||130 kmph|
|Volvo XC40 Recharge||₹40-44 lakh||78kWh||400-420 km||80% - 40 minutes||180 kmph|
The above-mentioned prices are the expected prices and may slightly vary when the cars are officially announced. Additionally, there may be slight changes in the mentioned features.
The increasing costs of petrol and improvements in the range of electric cars have made owning these vehicles a good option for cities. If you are looking to buy a car this year, you can consider one of the upcoming electric cars for your commute.
In addition to electric cars, electric scooters and bikes have also become popular in the country, thanks to the likes of the Ather 450X, Ola S1 and S1 Pro, Revolt RV400 and more.
BMW’s colour-changing paint feature may have more uses than just curing boredom and indecisiveness
Best upcoming electric cars in India in 2022
Top cars to watch out for in 2022: From Creta, Vitara Brezza, Mini Cooper to Kia EV6, here’s what to expect
Popular on BI
- Vishal Bhardwaj: A 2-hour movie made on an iPhone will be a reality soon
- Elon Musk cleared of fraud charges in 'Tesla funding secured' case
- Paytm founder announces operating profitability, says free cash flow generation is next
- India logs 128 fresh Covid cases
- ‘Padman of 2022’: Shark Peyush Bansal offers founder of women’s hygiene startup PadCare a blank cheque