Adani Logistics acquires an inland container depot for ₹835 crore
Adani Logisticsto acquire the Inland Container Depot Tumb from Navkar Corporation Ltd for ₹835 crore.
- “Tumb” is one of the largest ICDs in the country.
- The deal is subject to customary regulatory and lender approvals and is expected to close in Q2 FY23.
AdvertisementAdani Logistics Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of
The deal comprises acquisition of the operational ICD with capacity to handle 0.5 million 20-foot-containers. The associated 129 acres of land provides an additional expansion path to increase capacity and cargo in the near future as additional industrial corridors and logistic parks get added along these Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) routes.
The Tumb ICD has a private freight terminal with four rail handling lines connected with Western DFC and has custom notified land and bonded warehouse facilities.
"Tumb is one of the largest ICDs in the country. Given its strategic positioning in the middle of one of the busiest industrial zones and access to the dedicated freight corridor allows it access to two of the busiest ports on both sides, Hazira & Nhava Sheva," said
"In addition to cargo moving by rail being 5X greener than that moving by road, another prime benefit of the access to the DFC is the savings in average transit times that is expected to be 10 hours by rail versus 24 hours by road. This acquisition fits well with our transformation strategy towards becoming a transport utility as well as move us closer to our objective of providing economical door to door services to our customers.”
The acquisition based on the land value and replacement cost of existing assets is priced at an enterprise value of Rs 835 crore, implying an earning before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization multiple of 7.8x (based on FY23 (EBITDA). The deal is subject to customary regulatory and lender approvals and is expected to close in Q2 FY23.
Here’s a list of stocks that can benefit from the festive season
Taj Hotels’ Qmin food delivery app claims to be the only profitable business among its peers
Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
Popular on BI
- This could be the best time to buy Galaxy Z Fold3 5G in India at ₹1,09,999
- Retail jobs have been slowing down due to WFH and online sales: report
- 85% Indian schools don't have vocational courses as part of their curriculum: WEF
- Govt invites bids for IDBI Bank privatisation; Govt, LIC to sell 60.72%
- Tracxn Technologies IPO: Analyst cautious due to losses and investor exits