Asian Paints profit jumps 62% led by a powerful performance in the decorative paint segment
Revenue from operations for October-December quarter stood at Rs 6,886.39 crore, up 25.43 per cent, as against Rs 5,490.11 crore reported in the same period of 2019-20 fiscal,
Amit Syngle, Managing Director & CEO, Asian Paints said demand conditions continued to exhibit a strong recovery across business segments, spread over most regions in the third quarter of this financial year.
"The domestic decorative business delivered a powerful performance with more than 30 per cent volume growth led by a strong performance in premium and luxury portfolios. The Home Decor foray of Asian Paints got a big fillip from a strong performance of the
Syngle said the international business recorded a double-digit volume growth, strongly led by good growth in
"Profitability across businesses has been well supported by a good sales mix and some excellent work in cost optimization & sourcing measures pursued strongly through innovation programs," he added.
Shares of Asian Paints closed 0.62 per cent higher at Rs 2,714.65 apiece on BSE. SVK RUJ RUJ
Popular on BI
- Ashok Gehlot: Magician leaves centre stage in Rajasthan
- Trauma made Abrar an 'Animal': Bobby Deol on his negative role
- Victory of Modi's guarantees, say BJP leaders as party sweeps states states
- Sunil Kanugolu: The poll strategist behind Congress' win in Telangana
- Digvijaya and Kamal Nath are now history, says Ashwini Vaishnaw as BJP attains victory in MP