Gautam Adani takes over Haifa Port, to continue investing in Israel
Gautam Adanisaid that he would continue investing in Israel, after taking over one of the largest international seaports of Israel, the Haifa port.
- We will transform the entire port landscape," Adani said.
- Prime Minister
Benjamin Netanyahusaid it was a 'momentous' day as the port was handed over to the Adani Group.
Haifa [Israel], January 31 (ANI): Business conglomerate Adani Group's chairman Gautam Adani, after taking over one of the largest international seaports of Israel, the Haifa port, said that he would continue investing in Israel, according to Reuters.
Adani made the remarks while speaking at an event in Haifa welcoming
"We will transform the entire port landscape," Adani said. "Our intention is to make the right set of investments that will not just make the
Meanwhile, Adani also met Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. He described the day as 'momentous' as the Port of Haifa was handed over to the Adani Group.
"Adani-Gadot set to transform Haifa Port into a landmark for all to admire," he said.
"Privileged to meet with @IsraeliPM @netanyahu on this momentous day as the Port of Haifa is handed over to the Adani Group. The Abraham Accord will be a game changer for the Mediterranean sea logistics. Adani Gadot set to transform Haifa Port into a landmark for all to admire," Gautam Adani said in a tweet.
Adani is a first-generation entrepreneur and the Adani Group comprises 7 publicly listed entities with businesses spanning energy, ports and logistics, mining and resources, gas, defence and aerospace and airports. In each of its business areas, the Group has established a leadership position in India.
Over the past 5 years, flagship company Adani Enterprises has invested heavily in new growth sectors that include airports, cement, copper refining, data centres, green hydrogen, petrochemical refining, roads and solar cell manufacturing.
Looking ahead, it plans to foray into the telecom space and has massive plans to grow its green hydrogen and airports businesses. (ANI)
Popular on BI
- A millennial who became a millionaire after the 2008 crash says building wealth is about more than opportunistic investing. You also have to make lifestyle changes and load up on side hustles.
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- Learning AI can be lucrative: Freshers’ annual pay is ₹10-14 lakh in India, says TeamLease Digital report
- CoCo bonds fall sharply over Credit Suisse deal
- Date night conversations to diet charts – 10 things ChatGPT can help you with
- Gold is bankable, shines more than some western banks say experts
- Fear of financial crisis is keeping investors away from stock markets say experts