HCL Tech beats guidance — clocks-in 4.5% jump in revenue during second quarter
HCL Techhas beaten guidance with a 4.5% jump in revenue and a 7.4% increase in profits between July and September.
- In the second quarter, the companies raked in 15 ‘transformational deals’ led by life sciences and healthcare, public services and manufacturing.
- It will be doling out a dividend of ₹4 per share.
HCL Tech has beaten guidance to clock-in 4.5% growth in revenue in constant currency during the second quarter. Its profit also rose by 7.4% between July and September to hit ₹3,142 crore.
View all Offers
View all Offers
- 31% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 26.31 cm (10.4 inch), Slim Metal Body, Quad Speakers with Dolby Atmos, RAM 3 GB, ROM 32 GB Expandable, Wi-Fi-only, Gold₹ 14999₹ 14999Buy On
- 58% OFF
Noise ColorFit Pro 2 Full Touch Control Smart Watch with 35g Weight & Upgraded LCD Display,IP68 Waterproof,Heart Rate Monitor,Sleep & Step Tracker,Call & Message Alerts & Long Battery Life (Jet Black)₹ 1999₹ 1999Buy On
- 54% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 45mm Bluetooth (Mystic Black),SM-R840NZKAINS₹ 15990₹ 15990Buy On
- 37% OFF
Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus (2nd Gen) (10.3 inch/26.6 cm, 4 GB, 128 GB, Wi-Fi Only), Platinum Grey with Active Pen₹ 20999₹ 20999Buy On
- 35% OFF
Dell 22 Monitor - E2221HN, Full HD (1080p) 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz, TN Panel, HDMI, VGA, Anti-Glare, 3H Hard Coating, Black₹ 10499₹ 10499Buy On
The company’s EBIT margins in rupees also expanded by a whopping 9.7% to hit 21.6%.
"This growth momentum was driven by our continued leadership in Digital Transformation and Cloud businesses and a strong stability in the Products & Platforms segment, all of which continue to open diverse growth avenues for us,” said HCL Tech CEO C Vijayakumar.
For the second half of the year, HCL has guided that revenue will grow quarter-on-quarter (QoQ) between 1.5% to 2.5%. The annual EBIT margin guidance is between 20% to 21%.
IT and business services continue to account for most of the company’s growth, accounting for over 70% of the revenue mix. “HCL signed 15 transformational deals, led by key industry verticals including life sciences and healthcare, public services (energy & utilities) and manufacturing,” the company said in its earnings report.
In its 71st consecutive quarter giving a dividend, this quarter, HCL Tech has declared a dividend of ₹4 per share.
AdvertisementIt also reported a drop in attrition — falling by 470 basis points to 12.2%. One hundred basis points make up 1%.
Popular on BI
- boAt and Dixon Technologies form joint venture to manufacture wireless products in India
- Amazon Republic Day Sale — Best deals and offers on new mobile phones
- EXCLUSIVE: CoinDCX plans to hire more than 2,000 people this year — and they are not just looking at coders
- Amazon Sale 2022: Deals and offers on daily essential products
- Reliance Retail buys 54% stake in robotics firm Addverb Tech for $132 million