HCL Tech shares jump nearly 2% after a 3.8% increase in quarterly profit
- Revenue growth, in constant currency terms, was up 0.8%.
- For the fiscal, IT & Business Services grew at 12.7%, the ERS business grew 12.8% and Products & Platforms grew at 60.5%, in constant currency
- Operating margin came in at 20.9% for the Jan-March quarter.
- The company has proposed a final dividend of ₹2 per share on double the number of shares after the 1:1 bonus issue.
The Jan-March 2020 growth at HCL Technologies is the best among the top five tech majors in India.
|Company||Net profit growth in Jan-March 2020|
|Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)||-3.6%|
AdvertisementPresident and CEO of HCL Technologies C Vijayakumar said the growth was largely fueled by the company’s impetus on digital, cloud, cybersecurity and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions.
The company also posted operating margins of 20.9% which is the highest that they’ve seen since March 2015, according to the company. “FY20 has been a landmark year, where we witnessed our highest growth in recent years and industry-leading performance for the fourth consecutive year,” said Vijayakumar.
HCL signed 14 deals between January and March 2020 in telecom, hi-tech, retail & CPG, manufacturing and financial services, the company statement said. The company added 1,250 employees in the same period, taking its overall full-time employee headcount to 150,423.
“The company proposed a final dividend of ₹2 per share on double the number of shares post 1:1 bonus issue,” the statement added.
Tech Mahindra’s net profits see a massive 32% drop even as its digital business is treading water amidst the COVID-19 crisis
The downgrade of SBI, Bank of Baroda, and ICICI Bank is proof that the 'biggest nightmare' for India's financial sector is becoming real
Yes Bank fears more deposits may disappear when COVID-19 moratorium ends and people start repaying loans
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Digital rights advocacy group IFF notices 70% drop in donors as banks unable to keep up with RBI’s recurring payments regulation
- Mariah Carey backs Bitcoin in a new partnership with the Winklevoss twins’ Gemini crypto exchange
- Bollywood actor Shah Rukh's son Aryan Khan's bail plea rejected in cruise ship drugs case
- Jubilant FoodWorks' net profit up by 58% in Sep quarter on strong orders post COVID's second wave
- When Karisma Kapoor played Geet from Jab We Met for Dunzo Daily