India’s International Blended whisky Oaksmith wins global awards for aroma, taste, and finish
- The International Blended
whiskybrands - Oaksmith Gold and its blend variant Oaksmith International won Gold and Double Gold at Annual SIP Awards in California, USA.
- In addition, both brands won a bronze at the 4th London Spirits Competition for quality, value, and packaging.
- The Oaksmith brand, blended by world renowned Shinji Fukuyo of Japan, was launched in December 2019 in India.
AdvertisementPremium International Spirits Company Beam Suntory received global recognition for two of its brands - at competitions in the US and the UK earlier this year. The premium whisky brands - Oaksmith Gold and its blend variant Oaksmith International won Gold and Double Gold at Annual SIP Awards in California, USA.
The brands competed with over 1,000 brands from 49 countries and were judged based on aroma, taste, and finish. Consumers are a part of the judging panel in this unique competition.
In addition to the win at California, both brands also won a bronze at the 4th London Spirits Competition for quality, value, and packaging. This competition uses experts as well as end consumers as judges.
The company that brought India its first International
The Oaksmith brand, which is India’s first international blended whisky, entered India in December 2019. “Oaksmith is meticulously crafted to achieve high quality, smooth spirit that is rich on the nose and balanced on the palate with a full-bodied, delightful long finish. It has been expanding across the country and also receives immense appreciation from the consumers.” the company said.
India has always been a large whisky market as the country consumes a little less than half of the spirit produced across the world. However, the premium segment has also been gaining traction. As per the forecast by IWSR drinks market analysis in 2018, the whisky market would grow at around 8% for the next five years. The Oaksmith brands belong to the premium whisky segment, which is also seeing traction in India, with many international brands having launched their brands in the country.
The premium international spirit maker -- Beam Suntory’s portfolio has popular brands like Teacher’s, Laphroaig, Jim Beam, Sauza, Roku gin, Toki whisky and many more. The company also has ambitious long-term plans to achieve $1 billion in sales by 2030 in India.
This communication is meant for persons above 25 years of age
Drink Smart. Drink Responsibly
10 million people tried Ola for the first time last year, says CEO Bhavish Aggarwal
Here’s how to set or change your home and work addresses in Google Maps
Popular on BI
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days
- IPO-bound OYO acquires Denmark's holiday home chain Bornholmske Feriehuse
- Sensex rallies 580 points, buoyed by intense buying in IT, bank stocks