IndiGo will cancel one in every 5 flights as COVID-19 cases surge
Change fee is paid by a passenger to switch to a different flight date.
In a press release, the airline stated that owing to the increasing number of infections, a large number of IndiGo customers are changing their travel plans.
Advertisement“In response to customer needs, IndiGo is waiving change fees and is offering free changes for all new and existing bookings made up to January 31, for flights up to March 31, 2022,” it mentioned.
The budget carrier said with reduced demand it will also selectively withdraw some flights from servic
“We anticipate that around 20 per cent of our current scheduled operations will be withdrawn from service.”
“Where possible, cancellation of flights will be done at least 72 hours in advance and customers will be moved to the next available flight and will also be able to change their travel through the use of Plan B (section) on our website,” it noted.
The airline encouraged the customers to digital channels since the call centres have been handling a large volume of calls.
SEE ALSO: Reliance Industries, Avenue Supermarts, Kotak Mahindra Bank and other hot stocks on January 10
Maharashtra tightens COVID-19 restrictions as infections continue to spike — here’s all you need to know about the new guidelines
Popular on BI
- These are some new initiatives planned for the Republic Day celebrations
- Q4 2021 records highest Ad Volumes for a quarter since 2019 with a bumper festive spike: BARC
- Future Retail's independent directors haved turned down Amazon's financial support offer
- Fake news continues to be a major concern for 64% news consumers in India: Ormax Media report
- Maruti Suzuki up nearly 7% as the automaker expects good demand at a time when industry is feeling the heat