PwC India's new chairman Sanjeev Krishnan has been with the company for 29 years and had started as a trainee
Sanjeev Krishnanwill be taking over the post currently held by Shyamal Mukherjee.
- In his latest position, Krishnan was the Deals leader in the firm.
- Mukherjee, who was appointed as the chairman of the firm in 2017, will step down from his position by December 31, 2020.
Krishnan, who started as an articled trainee at PwC India, has been working with the company for 29 years. In his latest position, Krishnan was Partner & Leader - Deals. In 2006, he was made a Partner in the company and led the firm’s Transactions and Private Equity business.
A graduate in Economics from the University of Delhi, Krishnan has also looked after sovereign wealth funds and stressed fund asset classes.
Advertisement“It is an honour to take on the Chairman’s role of this great organisation. As a purpose driven firm, we are constantly striving for opportunities to reinvent the future and help our clients create value for their stakeholders. People, technology and innovation would be at the core of all that I intend to do in the next few years, for responsible and sustainable growth for us as a firm, our clients and society,” said Sanjeev Krishan in a statement.
Meanwhile, Mukherjee, who had been appointed as the chairman of the firm in 2017, will step down from his position by December 31, 2020. Mukherjee has been with the company for four decades. “Shyamal’s commitment to investing in people, clients and society has helped PwC gain greater mindshare and establish a strong culture, with ethics and quality as its backbone,” the company said in a media statement.
Border infrastructure is not the cause of friction between India and China, says MEA spokesperson
10 out of 15 worst-performing bank stocks in Asia-Pacific are Indian — PNB, YES Bank, Central Bank of India, IDBI among them
- Sanofi, GSK to supply COVAX with 200 mn doses of COVID-19 vaccine (Ld)
- After Bihar, now BJP promises free Corona vaccine in MP
- Sanofi, GSK to support COVAX with 200mn doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Union Minister Smriti Irani tests positive for COVID-19
- Samsung overtakes Xiaomi to retake the smartphone crown in India