Sequoia India hires former Uber Asia Pacific head Amit Jain
Amit Jainhas joined the VC firm as a Managing Director.
- Jain will be based out of Singapore.
- He had been appointed as
Uber Indiahead in 2015. In 2018 he went on to head the APAC business.
“His addition to the team underscores our deep commitment to helping founders realise their dreams of building very large and enduring companies, many of whom will become key pillars of this region’s growth, prosperity and innovation,” said the company in a statement.
Jain had quit as Uber’s Asia Pacific head in April. Jain was appointed as Uber India head in 2015, and went on to head its APAC business in 2018.
Before Uber, Jain was the President at Rent.com, a housing classifieds site in Los Angeles. He had also worked at TPG Capital and McKinsey.
- Bird poop worth $470 million is at risk — could hold the key to saving seabirds across the world
- COVID crashed profit and Pidilite couldn’t fix it— yet
- There are five companies making Favipiravir now — and it is good for supply and prices
- Best 5,000mAh battery smartphones
- India's COVID-19 recovery rate rises to 67.62% and case fatality rate drops to 2.07%