Sun Pharma buys Uractiv portfolio in Romania — which brings in $8.7 million every year
- S.C. Terapia S.A — rub by
Sun Pharma—acquired the Uractiv portfolio of Fiterman Pharma.
- The portfolio comprises food supplements including minerals, vitamins and adjuvants.
- The company plans to leverage its marketing and distribution strengths to further grow these brands.
AdvertisementRomania-based S C Terapia SA — a subsidiary of Sun Pharmaceuticals — on Friday announced the acquisition of the Uractiv portfolio of Fiterman Pharma in the European country. The financial terms of the transaction are confidential, the company said.
The portfolio comprises food supplements including minerals, vitamins and adjuvants as well as cosmetics and medical devices used for maintaining urinary tract health. The product line — that was founded a decade ago — has 12 stock keeping units (SKU) with an annualized revenue of $8.7 million as of February 2022.
"We are excited to add Uractiv to our consumer healthcare portfolio in Romania. This acquisition is in line with our strategy to further expand our non-prescription product basket in Romania and neighbouring markets,” said Aalok Shanghvi, EVP and head generic R&D, Generic Global BD and Emerging Markets, Sun Pharma.
Shanghvi also noted that Sun Pharma has a strong presence in Romania through Terapia leading the generic and over-the-counter (OTC) market. The company plans to leverage its marketing and distribution strengths to further grow these brands.
The acquisition is subject to customary closing conditions and necessary regulatory approvals.
Sun Pharmaceuticals is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in India and has a presence across 100 countries across the globe. The company has set up manufacturing facilities in six continents.
The company’s share price has increased nearly 28.6% since last year. The shares marginally went up on Friday as well and were trading at ₹ 900.40 at 11:15 am.
Paradeep Phosphates lists at a 9% premium as Sensex and Nifty trade in the green
The edtech bubble is bursting as schools, colleges reopen and funds dry up
IT jobs are safer than startup jobs but a salary bubble burst awaits them
Popular on BI
- Maha crisis: CM strips the portfolios of nine rebel ministers
- Agnipath scheme rocks Bihar assembly; opposition calls it PM's dictatorial step
- The winds of change are changing the fortunes of Indian farmers
- Crypto bear market has brought Bitcoin’s energy consumption to a one-year low
- For the the first time in a century, Russia defaults on international loans