Vedanta submits 'exploratory' bid to buy government's stake in BPCL
The government is selling its entire 52.98 per cent stake in BPCL and last date of putting EoI was November 16.
"Vedanta's EoI for BPCL is to evaluate potential synergies with our existing oil and gas business," the company spokesperson said in a statement. "The EoI is at a preliminary stage and exploratory in nature."
The government had at the close of bidding stated that "multiple" EoIs had been received. It, however, did not reveal the identity of the bidders. ANZ ANZ ANS ANS
- Insurance regulatory Irdai gives in-principle approval for Bharti AXA-ICICI Lombard merger deal
- Arecibo Observatory is shutting down — here are some of the most groundbreaking discoveries it inspired, including one that led to a Nobel Prize
- PM to visit 3 vaccine centres in Ahmedabad, Pune & Hyderabad on Sat (Ld)
- India's GDP shrunk 7.5% in July-September — markets had feared much worse
- Oppo ColorOS 11 review — faster, lighter, better, but is it enough?