Vedanta submits 'exploratory' bid to buy government's stake in BPCL
The government is selling its entire 52.98 per cent stake in BPCL and last date of putting EoI was November 16.
"Vedanta's EoI for BPCL is to evaluate potential synergies with our existing oil and gas business," the company spokesperson said in a statement. "The EoI is at a preliminary stage and exploratory in nature."
The government had at the close of bidding stated that "multiple" EoIs had been received. It, however, did not reveal the identity of the bidders. ANZ ANZ ANS ANS
Popular on BI
- RBI directs all banks to keep branches open till March 31 for annual closing
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open on a positive note ahead of FOMC outcome: Tata Motors, M&M, L&T among stocks to watch
- Strong tremors jolt Delhi-NCR, other parts of north India; no immediate loss of life or property reported
- At least 9 dead as powerful 6.8 magnitude earthquake jolts Pakistan
- India may require 31,000 pilots in next 20 years: Boeing