Wipro has no plans of firing any employee due to COVID-19, says chairman Rishad Premji
- Global software major
Wiprohas not laid off any employee during the Covid-19 pandemicnor has any such plan at the moment, a top company official said on Monday.
- "I just want to give comfort and say this categorically that we have not laid off a single employee as the pandemic unfolded,"
Wipro Chairman Rishad Premjisaid at the company's 74th annual general meeting (AGM) held virtually.
- "At the moment, we have no plans to lay off anybody at the company," he said, replying to a female shareholder.
"I just want to give comfort and say this categorically that we have not laid off a single employee as the pandemic unfolded," Wipro Chairman Rishad
"At the moment, we have no plans to lay off anybody at the company," he said, replying to a female shareholder.
"We are trying to drive cost deductions through various other means operationally and otherwise," said Premji.
The Bengaluru-headquartered IT behemoth employs more than 1.75 lakh people in several countries across the globe.
AdvertisementAmazon told employees to delete TikTok from their phones — then walked back the policy and said it was an 'error'
INTERVIEW: Shaaz Jung opens up about the blood, sweat and years behind the viral images of a rare black panther
Intel will speed up Mukesh Ambani’s 5G run, power him with AI and possibly a Jio laptop— all in return for massive amount of data
- What the future holds for co-working spaces in India
- India and China held a 16-hour long talk to resolve ongoing border dispute
- An American electric car maker explains why it took a different route than Elon Musk’s Tesla, Tata Motors or Mahindra
- Top stocks to watch on January 25
- Andhra ASHA worker's death following Covid jab triggers protest