Amazon and Flipkart have more than twice the site visits of next 5 other e-commerce companies combined
Amazonhit 344 million visits, Flipkartand Myntra combined had 314 million visits in September. Snapdealhad 87 million visits in the same month.
Shopclues, Tata Cliq and Paytm Mallfollowed in the list.
AdvertisementIt comes as no surprise that Indian e-commerce giants Amazon and Flipkart managed to get a lion’s share of traffic in September. But what is unbelievable is the vast margin they managed to achieve, setting them apart in a crowded e-commerce market.
Amazon received 344 million hits while Flipkart and Myntra combined got 314 million visits in September. The third highest number of shoppers came to Snapdeal which got 87 million visits in the same month, according to a SimilarWeb report.
Amazon and Flipkart individually had over twice the number of visits than that of Snapdeal, Club Factory, Shopclues, Tata Cliq and Paytm Mall combined, showed the data from the report.
On an interesting note, Snapdeal scripted a comeback story as its numbers grew to current 87 million from 27 million visits in October 2017.
“The growing volumes on Snapdeal are built on a sound and granular understanding of the importance of value in Bharat-focused e-commerce. Our ability to build scale along with favorable unit economics gives Snapdeal an immense competitive advantage,” said Kunal Bahl, CEO & Co-founder, Snapdeal in a statement.
Meanwhile, Amazon and Flipkart rode on the festive sale discounts that started in September. Flipkart’s Big Billion Day sale too started towards the end of September.
Popular on BI
- Adani Ports Q1 profits declines to ₹1,091 crore
- Unicorns and startups should prepare for a longer funding winter, says SoftBank's Masayoshi Son
- Lok Sabha passes Energy Conservation Bill to promote non-fossil fuels
- Indian government is reportedly planning on restricting Xiaomi, Realme, Vivo and Oppo from the budget smartphone segment
- Less than 50% of children able to catch up with age-appropriate learning, claims survey