Flipkart wraps up Big Billion Days, 10 TVs were sold per second in the first hour of the sale
- Flipkart got 70 billion views in six days.
- More than 50% of Flipkart Plus shoppers came in from Tier-2 cities and beyond.
- Over 20 models from various mobile brands sold over 100,000 units each during the sale.
Walmart-owned Flipkart has wrapped up its annual Big Billion Days (BBD) Sale with 70 billion views in six days. The e-commerce giant also saw a 50% hike in the number of transacting consumers as compared to the last BBD.
Interestingly, more than 50% of Flipkart Plus shoppers came in from Tier-2 cities and beyond.
The company also said that the biggest hit for the sale season was the mobile segment. According to the company the total number of mobile phones doubled compared to last year's sale. “More than 20 models sold over 100K units each during TBBD’19, which is a first for any event,” said the company.
10 TVs were sold per second in the first hour of TBBD‘19. One in every 10 orders came from far flung cities. And Flipkart also managed to set a few records including a delivery to a village called Tezu in Arunachal Pradesh, 100 kms from Myanmar China border, in just 3 days.
“Whether it is the uptake of the Hindi interface or the adoption of our affordability constructs, engagement constructs like gaming, consumers have engaged with brands they love like never before. We take immense pride in making e-commerce more inclusive through the introduction of some top categories which during this festive season, have been able to cater to the needs of Tier-2 markets and beyond,” Kalyan Krishnamurthy, CEO of Flipkart Group said in a statement,
Popular on BI
- Urban Company grants shares worth Rs 5.2 cr to 497 gig workers
- Indonesia relaunches multiple entry visa that was deactivated during the pandemic
- Globally one in eight people today are migrants: WHO
- From hiking to board games: Tinder reveals 10 most popular dating activities in 2022
- German electronic manufacturing firm Hama enters India market