Flipkart onboards American apparel company Bebe ahead of festive season
- A selection of almost 1,000 styles from
Bebewill now be available across India.
- Bebe apparel selection is priced from ₹800 onwards.
Flipkarthas more app downloads than Amazonahead of the festive season.
- The e-commerce giant has a customer base of 400 million.
AdvertisementE-commerce marketplace Flipkart on Tuesday announced the onboarding of Bebe, a San Francisco-based fashion brand, ahead of the approaching festive season.
This comes at a time when shoppers, especially in the mass medium segment, are increasingly seeking stylish fashion options.
Owned and managed by
“Flipkart understands our brand and how to engage the fashion-centric consumers online. We are looking forward to working together to reach the Bebe shopper in this exciting market,”
Priced from ₹800 onwards, the Bebe selection includes tops, dresses, hats, co-ord sets, denims, sleepwear, activewear and lingerie, and is available on Flipkart today.
“The past two years have witnessed a tremendous shift in consumer preferences when it comes to fashion, as it deepens to new niche categories such as athleisure. The Bebe launch comes at an opportune time when people across India, from metros to T2+ regions, seek to upgrade their wardrobes for the festive season,” said
Flipkart had over 50 million app downloads ahead of festive season, surpassing that of Amazon, according to wealth management firm Bernstein’s report. The e-commerce giant is leading the festival market share with 62% while Amazon has 27%, the report said.
Flipkart has a registered customer base of more than 400 million, offering over 150 million products across 80 plus categories, the company claims.
SEE ALSO: DreamFolks Services beats grey market expectations, lists at a 55% premium
Investment lessons from Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s 1+1=11 partner, Utpal Sheth
Popular on BI
- Razorpay forays into loyalty and rewards segment with PoshVine acquisition
- Don't equate fun with money: Sundar Pichai to employees
- Best Intel-powered laptops for school students
- Festive season is here! Explore the best Intel Laptops for Education
- Reliance is reportedly planning to launch JioPhone 5G in India at a very affordable price