Flipkart partners with Tata for distribution of essential supplies during coronavirus lockdown
Consumers can use the Flipkart platform to buy different combo packs of essential products such as beverages (Tata Tea and Coffee) and foods (Tata Sampann Spices, Pulses, and Nutri mixes) offered by Tata Consumer Products.
The distribution system is already operational in Bengaluru, and the companies plan to expand these facilities in Mumbai and Delhi in the coming week and tier II towns soon.
"With the support of the government and local authorities, we are able to innovate unique distribution and supply chain models that enable us to serve communities in India," said Kalyan Krishnamurthy, CEO, Flipkart Group.
The Tata Consumer Company distributors who are now listed online with Flipkart Marketplace, have undergone the Flipkart training for packaging and order fulfilment and will process orders as per the standard operating procedures set by Flipkart.
Flipkart's marketplace supply chain will fulfill the orders by picking up these essentials combinations from Tata Consumer Company distributors and delivering them to customers using its extensive network of delivery executives.
"This partnership with Flipkart provides an innovative way to set up a strong alternate distribution channel through our wide network," added Sunil D'Souza, MD and CEO, Tata Consumer Products.
Popular on BI
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- ICC Rankings: Ravi Bishnoi becomes world's No.1 T20I bowler
- Adani Group to invest USD 75 bn to scale up AGEL's RE portfolio to 45 GW: Gautam Adani
- Air India rejigs 250-aircraft Airbus order
- Retail trumps corporate lending as small-ticket loans see fourfold jump in past two years
- Exploring the nutritional marvel of Gond laddu: A winter delight