Snapdeal’s Diwali sales grew by 50% and it has another sale in the offing
Snapdealhas registered a 50% growth over last year’s Diwali sales, even while it has one more sale edition coming up.
- It saw 90% of its orders coming from non-metro cities.
- It also saw first time users grow by 2.3 times year-on-year.
The e-commerce player has had two Snap Diwali sales, and the third edition will be held from October 18-20. Its first time users grew by 2.3 times year-on-year.
As has been the case with all others, Snapdeal too saw 90% of its orders coming from non-metro cities.
For Flipkart’s Big Billion Day sale too, the number of transacting customers from Tier 2 cities and beyond, doubled from last year. Meanwhile, Amazon saw 91% of its new customers coming from these towns. Amazon also registered most of its sales in the first 24 hours, from these cities.
Interestingly, Snapdeal also noticed a saw a trend where users from metro cities placed Diwali gift orders for Diwali gifts for their loved ones staying in Tier II and Tier III cities.
According to Snapdeal, “the trend of users buying gifts on Snapdeal and sending it to their families back home is something that started last year and has grown sharply this year. The volume of such gifts has already tripled this year and we expect more such orders over the next few days.”
While clothing constituted for 60% of the gifting items, 20% of gifts were home use products.
- Two foreigners held for drug peddling
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry