Amazon says that Prime Day 2021 was the best sale for small businsess, 1.26 lakh sellers participated
- 25% more sellers grossed sales over ₹1 crore as compared to last year’s Prime Day.
- Customers from over 96% pincodes of India placed their orders on Prime Day.
- The company also revealed that more than 70% of new Prime members shop from outside of the top 10 cities.
AdvertisementE-commerce firm Amazon hosted its annual 48-hour long ‘Prime Day’ sale earlier this week, in India, and it recorded the most small medium business (SMBs) selling on the e-commerce platform ever. Personal computing, beauty, apparel, home and kitchen, smartphones and pantry witnessed the highest number of sales, the company said in a statement.
|Top Smartphones||OnePlus Nord 2 5G, One Plus Nord CE 5g, Redmi Note 10 series, Redmi 9, Samsung Galaxy M31s, Samsung Galaxy M21 and Realme c11|
|Highest-selling TV||Onida Fire TV|
|Top appliance||LG and Samsung in washing machines; Whirlpool and Samsung in refrigerators; Samsung in microwave in kitchen and home appliances.|
|Top selling apparel brands||Jockey, GoSriKi, Biba and Max|
|Top selling beauty brands||Nivea, Biotique, Dove, WOW, L’Oreal, Mamaearth, Himalaya, Vaseline, Parachute, Lakme and Nivea|
|Alexa||One in every 10 smartwatches and one in every 6 smartphones sold this Prime Day was Alexa built-in.|
Prime members shopped from 1.26 lakh sellers, which included artisans, weavers, women entrepreneurs, startups and brands, local offline neighbourhood stores. Of these, 31,230 sellers saw their highest ever single day sales during the two-day sale and nearly 25% more sellers’ grossed sales over ₹1 crore as compared to last year’s Prime Day. The company has over 8 lakh sellers listed on its e-commerce platform.
Customers from over 96% pincodes of India placed their orders on Prime Day.
“We dedicated this Prime Day to SMBs and local stores and are humbled by their participation. Prime members shopped from more than 126,000 SMBs and stores from across over 6,800 pincodes, making it the biggest ever sales for SMBs on Amazon.in. We are also excited that the month leading up to Prime Day became Prime Video’s best ever viewership period, firmly establishing that India loves free, fast shipping, exclusive shopping and digital benefits that Prime offers,” said Akshay Sahi, director of Prime and Fulfillment Experience at Amazon India.
The company also revealed that more than 70% of new Prime members shop from outside of the top 10 cities including towns like Anantnag in Jammu & Kashmir, Bokaro in Jharkhand, Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh, Mokokchung in Nagaland, Hoshiarpur in Punjab, Nilgiris in Tamil Nadu, Gadag in Karnataka and Kasargod in Kerala.
India has limited options for weapons that can take down enemy drones
There are at least four hot issues in India that the government has no data for
Ola expands ESOP pool to ₹3,000 crore, issues stock worth ₹400 crore to employees
Popular on BI
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal