3.13 lakh cyber security incidents reported till October this year
"As per the information reported to and tracked by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), 49,455, 50,362, 53,117, 2,08,456 and 3,13,649 cyber security incidents were reported during the year 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 (till October) respectively," Minister of State for Electronics and IT Sanjay Dhotre said in a written reply to the Rajya Sabha.
He added that service providers, intermediaries, data centres and body corporate are mandated to report cyber security incidents to CERT-In within a reasonable time of occurrence or noticing the incident to have scope for timely action.Dhotre said security incidents that shall be mandatorily reported to CERT-In as early as possible to leave scope for action include targeted scanning/probing of critical networks/systems, compromise of critical systems/information, unauthorised access of IT systems/data, and defacement of website or intrusion into a website and unauthorised changes such as inserting malicious code, links to external websites etc.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Over One lakh oxygen concentrators cleared by customs from April 24 to May 4
- Check out who all can travel to the US amidst uncertainty in international travel
- Water shortage might be on the way to worsen Delhi's COVID-19 crisis
- Himachal Pradesh government imposes curfew effective from tomorrow till May 16
- A third wave of COVID-19 will surely come and it may spread faster and wider but don't know when, says advisor to the Indian government