A Delta flight was delayed 3 hours after a passenger managed to board without a ticket
- A Delta Air Lines flight was delayed about three hours on Saturday because a passenger managed to board without a ticket.
- The flight eventually departed from Orlando to Atlanta after police were called, the Miami Herald reported.
- A TSA representative told Business Insider that the passenger did go through security, but passengers were re-screened out of caution, Delta said.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A passenger was able to board a flight at Orlando International Airport on Saturday apparently without a ticket.Delta Air Lines confirmed that the person was removed from flight 1516 to Atlanta, which was originally scheduled to leave at 10:20 a.m., because she did not have a ticket. All passengers aboard the flight as well as their luggage had to be re-screened by security personnel. Advertisement
"Security officials then directed precautionary re-screen of everyone onboard. Delta is working with local law enforcement and the Transportation Security Administration on their investigation and we are conducting our own review of this as well."Despite contrary media reports, the person in question did go through security, a TSA representative told Business Insider.
"We are working with law enforcement to investigate the incident at the plane and will not be providing any additional information at this time," the agency said.The flight eventually departed at 1:16 p.m., flight records show, about three hours after scheduled.Advertisement
- DMart’s management painted a scary picture of the next few quarters — the shares of Radhakishan Damani’s company fell 5%
- Dabur Chyawanprash was in the minds of immunity-seeking Indians amid COVID-19 lockdown— the earnings will show if they bought enough of it
- BSEB likely to release class 10th result today at 12:30 pm, check @biharboardonline.bihar.gov.in
- How to create a bank savings account using video KYC
- South Korea reports 19 new virus cases