Adani Ports records highest-ever rail cargo of over 120 mmt in FY23
APSEZwitnessed a 62% YoY growth in rail cargo through the Indian Railways' General Purpose Wagon Investment Scheme. Mundra Port, operating under APSEZ, has managed over 15,000 container trains in FY23.
- Mundra Port witnessed a 4.3% year-on-year growth in double-stack container trains in FY23.
APSEZ witnessed a 62% YoY growth in rail cargo through the Indian Railways' General Purpose Wagon Investment Scheme (GPWIS). Mundra Port managed over 15,000 container trains in FY23.
In FY23, APSEZ generated an impressive revenue of approximately ₹14,000 crore from rail cargo operations in collaboration with Indian Railways.
Mundra Port witnessed a 4.3% year-on-year growth in double-stack container trains in FY23. The utilization of the double stack loading technique for containers on trains ensures energy efficiency and reliability in transportation, leading to reduced per unit cost and enhanced customer satisfaction, the company said.
The company said that Mundra Port’s utilization of rail transport significantly reduces the carbon footprint associated with freight transportation. Moreover, the efficient handling of container trains minimizes the reliance on additional truck transport, leading to further reductions in carbon emissions.
APSEZ, a subsidiary of Adani Group, has transformed from a port company into an Integrated Transport Utility, offering end-to-end solutions from its port gate to the customer gate.
It holds the distinction of being India's largest port developer and operator, with six strategically positioned
These ports and terminals account for 24% of the country's total port volumes, enabling the handling of significant amounts of cargo from coastal regions and the hinterland.
Popular on BI
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- You can buy more Yeezys today, if you can get past the app crashes and error messages
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May