Adani signs world's largest green power purchase agreement with Solar Energy Corporation of India
"We are pleased to have signed the world's largest PPA with SECI," said Gautam Adani, Chairman of the Adani Group.
"This is yet another step in our journey to enable India's dual objective to accelerate India's renewable energy footprint as well as promote domestic manufacturing under the Atmanirbhar Bharat programme. Following the proceedings at COP26, it is increasingly evident that the world has to equitably transition to a low carbon economy faster than previously anticipated. This is why the Adani Group has committed $50-$70 billion of investment in the renewables space. This agreement keeps us well on track to our commitment to become the world's largest renewables player by 2030," he added.
The AGEL-SECI agreement to supply 4,667 MW is part of a manufacturing-linked solar tender of 8,000 MW awarded to AGEL by SECI in June 2020, which set a record for being the world's largest solar development tender ever awarded.
So far, AGEL has signed PPAs with SECI for a total generation capacity of close to 6000 MW of the 8,000 MW awarded in 2020.
AGEL expects to close the balance 2000 MW PPA in the next two to three months.
Aditya Birla Fashion will now sell Reebok products in India and 10 other Asian countries
After acquiring ScoopWhoop, Good Glamm Group buys MissMalini
MedPlus Health Services is a good play on growing e-commerce pharmacy space, say analysts; GMP at ₹300
Popular on BI
- An American tourist in Seoul said he sprayed graffiti in 155 places to raise awareness about teeth grinding
- X could lose $75 million in ad revenue after a litany of controversies from Elon Musk, including his endorsement of antisemitic comments, report says
- The S&P 500 will trade near its all-time high before a recession drags it down again in a topsy-turvy 2024, Société Générale says
- White collar roles more at threat from AI
- Market cap of BSE-listed firms hits record high of Rs 331 lakh crore; just shy of entering $4-trillion club
- 10 Best honeymoon places near Delhi
- Samsung launches new smartphone with 50 MP camera in India
- Unveiling the sweet side of corn: 7 mouthwatering recipes