Airtel selects Ceragon's products, services for 4G expansion, laying ground for 5G evolution
Airtel said it is looking to increase network capacity to address rising demand for broadband amid sharp rise in data consumption across India. The telecom operator is also looking to increase 4G network capacity in urban locations and expand coverage in rural regions as well as prepare for its future evolution to 5G.
"Ceragon is working closely with Airtel to pursue rapid deployment of its microwave radios, as best it can, considering India's recent temporary lockdown," the company statement said.
Bharti Airtel has selected Ceragon's products and services for additional 4G network expansions beginning first quarter of 2020, it added. As a long-standing Ceragon customer, Airtel selected Ceragon's all-outdoor multicore solution and related services for flexibility they offer for speedy network deployment.
With Ceragon's solutions, Airtel can quickly respond to surge in network capacity demands, and prepare for long-term network capacity growth, it said.
The company can do so faster than before and with less-costly site acquisitions thanks to a significantly reduced environmental footprint and energy consumption, the statement said.
Additionally, the telco can improve efficiency of scarce backhaul spectrum via Ceragon's multicore technology with up to 1 Gbps capacity.With Ceragon's services for its network deployment across numerous markets, Airtel can roll out hundreds of sites each week, the statement pointed out. MBI MKJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments