Airtel's Ajai Puri to chair COAI, Jio's PK Mittal appointed vice-chairman
Puri has replaced Vodafone Idea CEO Ravinder Takkar as the chairman of the COAI on rotation basis. Puri has been with Bharti Airtel since 2004.
"It is a privilege for me to take on this role and I would like to thank all the members of COAI for considering me worthy of this responsibility. On behalf of the industry, I would like to reiterate our commitment to support the government's efforts as we emerge from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic," Puri said."It's a pleasure to take the responsibility as Vice-Chairman of COAI and continue to work with the industry to bring about the next level of reforms in order to uplift and strengthen the sector while initiating measures for the benefit of end consumers," Mittal said. Advertisement
Mittal was senior Deputy Director General in the Department of Telecommunications previously.
This is the first time Reliance Jio has got a leadership position in the industry body."We would like to thank our leadership for their guidance and support during this challenging time and further express confidence in their ability to steer the association and the sector towards long term health and stability. As the industry continues to play its critical role, the future has a lot in store for us with the ecosystem gearing up for 5G," COAI Director-General Rajan S Mathews said. PRS MR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Best neckband headphones for a rich audio experience
- India’s first private player to successfully test a homegrown rocket engine is on track for its first full rocket launch by 2021
- Hiring is on a slow rise in India, but the numbers are nowhere close to pre-COVID levels
- Microsoft confirms Xbox Series X to launch in November
- Hero Moto’s lost sales will take a toll on its earnings — profit likely to fall over 88% in the first quarter