Amazon Prime Video follows Netflix to launch an India first mobile-only plan starting at ₹89
- Amazon Prime Video has partnered with Airtel to launch an India first mobile-only plan for ₹89.
- Netflix had launched a similar plan last year at a starting price of ₹99.
- Check out all the plans offered by Amazon Prime Video for Airtel users.
"India is one of our fastest growing territories in the world with very high engagement rates. Buoyed by this response, we want to double-down by offering our much-loved entertainment content to an even larger base of Indian customers. Given high mobile broadband penetration in the country, the mobile phone has become one of the most widely used streaming devices,” said Jay Marine, Vice President, Amazon Prime Video Worldwide.
However, Amazon’s mobile-first offering will be limited for Airtel users only currently.
Advertisement“Smartphones powered by pre-paid connections and affordable data are ubiquitous to a large base of Indian customers – Mobile Edition will make Prime Video synonymous to quality entertainment for this large customer group. We look forward to expanding the reach of our service to the entire pre-paid customer base in India,” said Sameer Batra, Director, Mobile Business Development, Amazon.
Here are the plans offered by Amazon Prime Video for Airtel users
|₹89||28-days of Prime Video Mobile Edition along with 6GB data|
|₹131||Amazon Prime membership for 30 days with all benefits included|
|₹299||28-day validity that includes Prime Video Mobile Edition along with unlimited calls, data access of 1.5 GB per day.|
|₹349||28-day validity that includes Amazon Prime membership along unlimited calling, data access of 2 GB per day.|
- Brands like Burberry and Armani as well as online retail help Asia’s second richest man bag record retail profit
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly budget session between Feb 22-Mar 26
- Reliance Industries Oct-Dec 2020 earnings were below estimates
- Reliance Jio’s profit grows 15% but new subscribers are the lowest in 7 quarters
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80