Arunachal Pradesh's Namsai district tops Niti''s ranking in January
Latehar(Jharkhand) and Dhaulpur (Rajasthan) have been placed at the second and the third positions, respectively, Niti Aayog said in a tweet.
Barpeta (Assam) has been ranked fourth and Mamit (Mizoram) at the fifth place.
The delta rankings took into account incremental progress made by over 112 aspirational districts across six developmental areas in January 2020.
Health and nutrition, education, agriculture and water resources, financial inclusion, skill development and basic infrastructure were the development areas that were taken into consideration for the ranking.
Aspirational districts programme, launched in January 2018, aims to transform districts that have shown relatively lesser progress in key social areas and have emerged as pockets of under-development.The ranking of aspirational districts is done every month. BKS MRMR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Virat Kohli, Shikhar Dhawan, Suresh Raina and more — Indian players with most runs in IPL history
- Supreme Court to pronounce order next week on pleas seeking independent probe into Pegasus snooping row
- KPIT Technologies to acquire Future Mobility Solutions for ₹135 crore
- IndiGo bullish on festive season, may see demand reach pre-COVID levels in December
- Air conditioner brands Voltas, Blue Star, Havells rally ahead of festive season