Baazi Games to invest USD 5 mn in start-ups, developing technology
"The investment is planned to take place during the next 6 months. The company will be looking to invest in innovative gaming start-ups and in developing latest gaming technology," it said in a statement.
With this investment, the company is looking to expand operations and explore the ever-so-growing potential of the 'games of skill' market in India, it added.The Indian gaming space is expected to grow at 22 per cent CAGR and has been attracting big investments in the last couple of years.
Earlier this year, Baazi Games had invested USD 1 million in its fantasy cricket vertical BalleBaazi.com, which later raised USD 4 million from private equity funds in July 2019.The company also expanded its card games vertical by launching RummyBaazi.com. SR RVK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Airtel's India business is back in the black after a very long time
- Sequoia and PayPal-backed Pine Labs completes a first close of $285 million funding round from new investors
- BJP spent significantly less on advertising during Kerala elections this year, its ad insertions on TV, Radio and Print decreased from 21% in 2016 to 1% in 2021
- Google I/O 2021: Here's what to expect from Google's biggest annual conference
- ISRO announces its decision to share technology to make portable medical oxygen concentrators developed by VSSC