Benchmark indices rebound amid positive global trends
The 30-share Sensex climbed 329.15 points to 60,676.12 in early trade. The
From the Sensex pack, Maruti, ICICI Bank, NTPC, Larsen & Toubro, Kotak Mahindra Bank and Mahindra & Mahindra were the major gainers in initial trade.
IndusInd Bank, Tech Mahindra,
Asian markets in Tokyo, Hong Kong and Seoul were quoting in the green, while Shanghai traded lower.
The US markets had ended on a positive note on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the international oil benchmark Brent crude dipped 0.09 per cent to USD 94.02 per barrel.
Foreign institutional investors offloaded Rs 1,397.51 crore from the domestic equities on Wednesday.
After Wednesday's retreat, local shares started on a positive note tracking recovery in most of the Asian indices following overnight uptick in the US markets, said Prashanth Tapse - Research Analyst, Senior VP (Research), Mehta Equities Ltd.
AdvertisementIntra-day, markets may waver as the nervous theme could play out in the backdrop of consensus that inflation is falling more slowly-than-expected, he added.
SEE ALSO :
Google cancels R&D projects as Pichai targets 20% more efficiency
Flipkart's upcoming sale could be the best time to buy an iPhone – iPhone 13 series, iPhone 12 mini and more to get huge price cut
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Sensex, Nifty50 end lower as caution looms ahead of RBI’s rate hike decision