Budget people-friendly: Assam CM Sonowal
In a statement, Sonowal said the budget would fulfil the aims and aspirations of all sections.
He said it will help Assam and other northeastern states to climb the ladder of "optimum growth" as 'Kisan Rail' and 'Kisan Udaan' will help farmers in seamless supply of their produce and sell them in international markets in the wake of the government's 'Act East Policy'.Sonowal said farmers of Assam have a "dignified position" in the national agricultural landscape and added that the provision of 'Kisan Rail' and 'Kisan Udaan' are tantamount to acknowledging skills of state's farmers. Advertisement
"This budget provision would strengthen the agro-economy of the state," he said.
He hailed the budgetary provision to select Sivasagar among the five archaeological sites in the country to be developed as iconic sites with on-site museums.Sonowal also thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman for presenting the budget. ACB ACB ABH ABH
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Premium Google Meet now free for schools till September 30
- S Korea has another 39 cases linked to warehouse
- Six books recommended by luminaries like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett
- India's e-cigarettes ban hasn't stopped vaping — it only drove out Juul and Vape
- Assam suffers largest single-day spike with 177 cases, crosses 1000-mark: Officials