Chevy just revealed the convertible version of its all-new Corvette
- The all-new, mid-engine Chevy Corvette was revealed a few months ago.
- It's Chevy's eighth generation of the car, and it will cost a mind-blowing $59,995.
- The convertible version will be the first Vette with a retractable hardtop.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Chevy is racking up some firsts with the new eighth-generation Corvette: first mid-engine Vette, and now the first Corvette to offer a convertible version that uses a retractable hardtop."We put the world on notice when we introduced the first mid-engine Chevrolet Corvette a few months ago, and now we're raising the bar," Brian Sweeney, Chevy's US vice-president, said in a statement. "And the convertible will be priced only $7,500 more than the entry-level Stingray coupe."Advertisement
Seamless stowing of the top - and trunk space!
The two-piece top retracts in 16 seconds and can be dropped while driving as fast as 30 mph, Chevy said. It's powered by six electric motors and doesn't smother the engine when stowed.
That engine makes 495 horsepower with 470 pound-feet of torque, and power is routed through another C8 Vette first: an eight-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The new Corvette goes on sale for the 2020 model year, and if the convertible isn't available at the same time, it should be soon after. Chevy isn't wasting any time getting its new Vette to customers.
- The latest travel advisory allows hotels to release Indians returning from abroad after 7 days of quarantine — the rest is ‘self isolation’
- Redmi Earbuds S brings a true wireless experience at ₹1,799
- 4 new COVID-19 cases in Tripura, total rises to 198
- 47 new COVID-19 cases in Assam, total rises to 595
- After Jharkhand, Zomato to start home delivery of alcohol in Odisha