Cipla pledges Rs 25 cr donation to government for fighting COVID-19 crisis
This includes a voluntary donation of around Rs 3 crore from Cipla employees who have stepped forward in this hour of national need, the drug maker said in a regulatory filing.
As part of Rs 25 crore, the company has announced a donation of Rs 9 crore to the PM-CARES Fund, it added.
In addition, the company has announced a donation of Rs 8 crore to various state authorities, Cipla said.
"These contributions will help to further several immediate and long-term relief efforts that the country needs to combat the size and scale of the crisis it is confronted with," it added.
Besides, Cipla Foundation, the social responsibility arm of Cipla, has committed Rs 4 crore towards COVID response programmes, many of which are already underway, the drugs maker said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Migration to other social media platforms shows no signs of slowing following Elon Musk's chaotic takeover at Twitter, report says
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- DroneAcharya AI IPO set to open next week on December 13; GMP at ₹25 per share
- Low pressure mounts over Andaman Sea, heavy rain expected to lash TN
- New Indian sustainable jet fuel technology could cut aviation emissions by 80%
- From digital shagun at a wedding to digital donation — unique use cases for Paytm go viral on social media
- Delhi HC seeks RBI stand on PIL seeking uniform banking code for foreign exchange transactions